Practitioners-Level Medical Astrology: General Information
About medical astrology and its benefits:
From the time of the Greek physicians and the Hippocratic-Galenic synthesis of the Roman Empire, through to Pasteur’s theory of pathogens, traditional medicine saw disease as dis-ease and adopted the belief that the body’s naturally healthy state is disrupted by injury or stress, resulting in illness unless the body can naturally right its imbalance. This medical outlook was combined with astrology in the late Hellenistic era, and traditional medicine, often with its astrological overlay, was used as the theory behind traditional Western herbalism. This system also survives into the present era in the practice of Unani medicine.
In our current era of possibly over-engineered medical intervention, in which care is often substituted for cure, many people choose to explore traditional medicine as an adjunct to modern treatment. It is here that medical astrology holds importance: Medical astrology is not a form of medicine, but an add-on to traditional medicine. It provides a timing system, and an alternate method for evaluating the dynamics of humoral distribution in the body. In traditional medicine, the humors are the four primary fluids which mediate the health and physiology of the organism.
As a sophisticated system which developed over many centuries, medical astrology has various facets and cuts across many of the conventional astrological subdivisions:
- Natal astrological applications include characterizing each person in terms of their elemental balance (thereby constructing a healthy lifestyle) and studying their disease susceptibilities by traditional organ type.
- Horary applications include questions concerning the development of disease, and the study of decumbitures (astrological charts set for the onset of a disease or condition).
- Electional applications include selecting times for surgery, the commencement of a treatment protocol, or the commencement of any other medical procedure.
- Dynamic applications include studying the chart for future periods of stress that could indicate the development of chronic disease.
- Psycho-spiritual applications include considering the ways that obstructions to the soul’s functioning and purpose back up into the body as disease.
Our upcoming and presently available medical astrology courses are:
|Addington, Kent, England||8 June 2017||English||Lee Lehman||6-day intensive attendance course||web page|
- We are usually able to arrange delivery of the course as an intensive event in any international region where a small number of astrologers have indicated an interest in taking it together as a group. Email us if you would like further information about this.
- Enquiries on any specific courses detailed above are best addressed to the tutor or organiser via the email contact details listed. For any general enquiries, questions about courses in preparation, or to know about the prospect of a course being delivered in your own geographical region, contact the course administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org). It helps for us to know which country you live in, and if there are any formats that you particularly want or do not want to follow.